Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Green Rice with Chicken, Peas and Almonds

Gabby and Tausha (my only two readers??!!), I'm back! :)
It's been a while since I've posted but I promise I've still been cooking. So let's dig in.

What the heck is green rice? The name for this dish turned me off a bit too, and strangely enough reminded me of Dr. Seuss, but I gave it a try and I have to say it wasn't so terrible. I tend to make large portions and have a good amount of leftovers so after eating a meal for 3 days straight I must confess I do get a little sick of it but my first impression was a positive one.

Messes: I skipped out on the almonds on this one. I'm a fan of only using a few ingredients so the more I can cut out, the better. I also used dried parsley rather than fresh so I would be interested to see the difference in using the fresh herb. I'm sure it makes it that much better but again, I had dried at home so that was one less ingredient to buy.

Successes: This was pretty simple to put together. I like dishes that you can make in one pot, or skillet rather. And I love the way the peas compliment the dish. It really makes it that much better. Definitely give it a try.

Green Rice with Chicken, Peas and Almonds [Rachael Ray]

No comments: