Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Baked!

Oh. My. Gosh.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Okay, maybe I'm getting a little too excited but I have to share. I just tried one of the Baked cupcakes (available in Red Hook, Brooklyn and at Royale Cafe in the city) and it was wonderful!!

I stopped by Royale Cafe and Pastry to try one of these cupcakes because Red Hook is a little much for me. Royale is a cute little corner bakery filled with Baked treats and their own sandwiches and salads. They offer all the traditional goodies including cookies, brownies, cakes, and of course, cupcakes.

There were lots of flavors to choose as each of Baked's signature cakes are also crafted into smaller sized cupcakes so it was a tough decision. After hearing about the selection I decided on the Oreo cookie cake which was chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream frosting, and sprinkled with oreo cookie crumble on top. Now, if you've read some of my previous entries, you will know that I typically do not like crumbly cupcakes and I'm getting a little tired of the same old a little too sweet buttercreams this city offers BUT this was an exception. The chocolate cake basically split in two but it was so tasty that I just didn't care. And the buttercream wasn't that usual grainy sugary icing but it was smooth and creamy and delicious. Wow! I may have found a new favorite. And for $2/cake I will need to sample many more flavors. Definitely stop here! So so so great!!


THE JOURNEY:
Amai Tea and Bake House
Amy's Bread
Babycakes
Batch
Billy's Bakery
Buttercup Bake Shop
Butterlane Cupcakes
Crumbs
Cupcake Cafe
Dessert Club ChikaLicious
Eleni's
How Sweet It Is
Kitchenette
Lux Sugar*
Magnolia
Martha's Country Bakery*
Make My Cake
Out of the Kitchen
Royale Cafe and Pastry (sells Baked* cupcakes!)
Starbucks (limited time only)
Sugar Sweet Sunshine
Sweet Revenge
Tribeca Treats
Tonnie's Minis
Two Little Red Hens

*Borough bakeries

No comments: