Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cupcake Cafe

Cupcake Cafe features these cut little cakes with lovely flower decor on top. The frosting is buttercream and the cake options include chocolate and vanilla. I sampled a small vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream during my visit. The buttercream was smooth and the cupcake was nicely moist but it just wasn't anything special. I think I'm getting bored with buttercream frosting. Spice it up a little, bakers! It was good, don't get me wrong, and reasonably priced for a cupcake but I just don't see myself running back there for seconds any time soon. The lovely flowers make these cupcakes a nice addition to a bridal shower or small girly get together though for sure.


THE JOURNEY:
Amai Tea and Bake House
Amy's Bread
Babycakes
Batch
Billy's Bakery
Buttercup Bake Shop
Butterlane Cupcakes
Crumbs
Cupcake Cafe
Eleni's
How Sweet It Is
Lux Sugar*
Magnolia
Martha's Country Bakery*
Make My Cake
Out of the Kitchen
Royale Cafe and Pastry (sells Baked* cupcakes!)
Starbucks (limited time only)
Sweet Revenge
Tribeca Treats
Two Little Red Hens

*Borough bakeries

No comments: