How awesome do these look? I found this recipe on Bakerella and can't wait to make them! They look so simple and so delicious. The recipe calls for a box of red velvet cake mix but I haven't been able to find this in stores. However, you can really use any type of cake or, better yet, make it from scratch!
Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
Tip: Only melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It's easier to work with when it's hot.