Monday, April 13, 2009

April Fools Cakes

A few days late but better late than never, right?

Can you tell which of the following images are actually cupcakes?

Spaghetti anyone?

Mmm! Mashed potatoes and gravy.

Itza Pizza Pie?!?!

Summer corn on the cob...

If you guessed that they are all cupcakes -- you're right! Pretty good though, huh? I think some of these would certainly make my mind play tricks on me. I'd be about to bite into the corn on the cob cupcake and my brain would be thinking that I'm going to taste corn but then it's a sweet cupcake instead! I love these.

Oh, and one other new favorite. This is a unique new flavor that isn't for the faint of heart.

Who is up for the spinach flavored frosting garnished with sardines?

Ha! This prank-cake actually fooled the cupcake blogger over at Cupcakes Take the Cake. It took me a few minutes of starring myself but I just couldn't believe that anyone in their right mind would actually put these two ingredients on a sweet little cake.

Happy April. Bring on SPRING!!

No comments: