Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pasta Salad with Spinach, Olives, and Mozzarella


My dad loves to make pasta salads. I would have to say it's possibly one of his "signature dishes". So when I came across the recipe, I was excited to have my own to share. And it's pretty healthy too!

Messes: The first time I made this I cut the pieces of mozzarella too large and they ended up sticking together at the bottom. The second time around I made sure to cut them into smaller pieces so they would be more evenly distributed. You will also need a very large bowl for this dish -- or you can cut down on the ingredients. I would recommend using about a half a pound of pasta (trust me, it goes a long way). And don't worry about the "freshly ground pepper". You can just as easily get away with the regular pepper that comes in those little metal shakers.

Successes: Major success! Super easy to throw together and you'll have lots of leftovers for the week. I have never heard a single complaint about this pasta salad. Although, I've accompanied it with chili at parties and I have to say -- make sure you serve this first! People just aren't as interested in chilled pasta salads when there are warm bowls of chili to be had.

Pasta Salad with Spinach, Olives, and Mozzarella [Chow]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.