Saturday, May 10, 2008

Steakhouse Shepherd's Pie


A comfort food favorite. This recipe is great because you can add as many vegetables to it as you'd like and it will still turn out great. There are always lots of leftovers and it's a crowd pleaser. I mean, who doesn't like steak and potatoes?

Messes: I would have liked to brown the tops of my potatoes a little bit more but I didn't want to wait any longer to enjoy my meal. I also skipped on the bacon to try and make it a little bit healthier.

Successes: The first time I made it, it was delicious. The second time I made it, it was even better. I used some more veggies the second time around which helped make it more filling rather than just the plain ol' mushrooms, meat, and potatoes. I actually threw in some spinach and carrots which gave it a nice overall feel. I would certainly recommend it.

Steakhouse Shephard's Pie [Rachael Ray]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.