Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cupcakes on TV

Have you noticed the influx of cupcakes on TV? I'm loving it. A few shows in particular have made my favorites list.

Cupcake Wars
This show pits bakers from across the country against each other to battle it out for the best taste and presentation. There are three rounds with the final round being a challenge to create 1,000 cupcakes for a local LA event. I love watching this show because I am starting to recognize different bakeries as well as get inspired for cupcake designs and flavors. It's a reality show competition with a sweet tooth. Cupcake Wars air Tuesday nights at 9PM on The Food Network.

Two sisters in DC crank out cupcakes at a bakery called Georgetown Cupcakes. They've had tremendous success and the show chronicles their desserts and disasters. I actually tried to check out this cupcakery while I was in DC but I arrived just after closing time and missed out. I'm impressed and envious of these ladies for sure and it's certainly a fun show to watch. DC Cupcakes airs Fridays at 10PM on TLC.

Cake Boss
Although not exactly a show about cupcakes, this Italian family creates amazing cakes and plenty of family chaos to go around. Cake Boss airs Mondays at 9PM on TLC.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love cooking shows .. hate reality shows. Who wants to watch people scream and fight .. I can see that at home.

Brooke
http://momentsofelegance.com

nene said...

eu adoro isto :) !